WHAT YOU’LL DO
As the Seakeeper Applications Engineering Manager you’ll drive the strategy behind making Seakeepers easier and more efficient to service and install. You’ll prepare Seakeeper for future growth as our customer base rapidly expands by creating scalable tools, processes and resources that will better connect our internal teams and customers to improve serviceability and installation challenges globally. Acting as a liaison between the field and our Product Engineering team, you’ll collaborate on design, functionality and introduction of new products or product improvements leveraging feedback from and your understanding of our customers’ needs. You’ll make an immediate impact to our customers by:
- Guiding and developing Seakeeper’s overarching strategy, tools and initiatives that support serviceability and ease of installation of current and future Seakeeper products
- Managing, mentoring and developing our team of Application Engineers professionally and technically
- Developing and managing technical sales and support literature and systems that support new and current products, ensuring adherence to Seakeeper installation guidelines, and driving efficiencies in the sales, installation and service process
- Researching and developing solutions, tools, and initiatives that drive down installation and service costs and leverage new technology to impact the application and lifecycle of Seakeeper products
- Collaborating internally on the design and functionality of new products and improvements to existing products
- Ensuring smooth implementation of product improvements and facilitating the internal and external communication of improvements
- Providing tools for internal staff and Seakeeper Dealers to leverage in vessel inspections and communication with OEM partners to ensure compliance with Seakeeper installation techniques
- Driving ongoing development of Seakeeper’s sizing and sea trial applications and supporting the Applications team in execution and publication of material
- Building and managing database of refit case studies by working with Seakeeper Dealers and sales team
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Do you have a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and the ability to hustle in a fast-paced environment? Then Seakeeper is the place for you! Here are a few other things you’ll need to succeed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Systems, Marine Engineering or a comparable field
- 10+ years of experience of applied engineering experience, working with the development, application and/or maintenance of complex mechanical systems
- Experience developing tools and systems that support the application and maintenance of complex mechanical equipment or systems
- Strategic mindset and leadership ability, including proven ability to lead and develop engineering teams
- Ability to travel within the United States and internationally
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, 3D CAD (such as Rhino and/or SolidWorks) and MATLAB (or comparable analysis tool)
- Be professional, responsive, resourceful, flexible and well-organized
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Superior time management, project management, multitasking, organizational and prioritization skills
- Be able to work independently, maintain filing systems and basic databases, gather and analyze information skillfully, and the ability to make sound, timely, and accurate judgment with supporting reasoning for decisions
- Experience with boat manufacturing processes and onboard marine systems such as stabilization, engines, pumps, and AC/DC power systems
- Experience with boat building techniques and composite materials
- Experience with naval architecture or yacht design
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis and FEA programs
MORE DETAILS YOU’LL WANT TO KNOW
- You’ll report to the Director of Growth & Strategy, based in Mohnton, PA
- Your home office location will be our manufacturing facility in Mohnton, PA
- You can expect some limited travel to other Seakeeper locations or customer locations, once COVID-based travel restrictions have been lifted
- You’ll occasionally support and attend Seakeeper events (such as boat shows) and technical conferences
Our Application Engineering Manager lives within our Sales, Service, and Strategy department and drives widespread impact and interaction across nearly every department at Seakeeper. Applications Engineering is a growing and influential team that covers a lot of ground. It is a unique department that bridges the sales, service, and product engineering worlds together, ensuring the best experience and peak efficiency for both our OEM customers and Seakeeper Dealers – and in turn, our end users. You’ll originate, lead, and contribute to a myriad of projects and initiatives around these efforts.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT HERE
It’s true that we make extraordinary products, but our favorite part about Seakeeper is our people! We believe in participative leadership. That means you have the freedom to make a difference and contribute to the larger goal, regardless of your position. Great ideas can strike at any moment, and when you have one, you’re empowered to speak up! We are constantly pushing (or crushing) boundaries. Stagnant or bored are about as opposite from Seakeeper as you can get! We move quickly and if there is something that can be improved upon, we jump on it.
WHO WE ARE
71% of our Earth is covered by water and we want everyone to make the most of it. That’s why we are committed to creating products that transform the boating experience with an organization that employees want to work for, customers want to buy from, and vendors want to partner with. Our gyro stabilizers eliminate boat roll and create a land-like experience on the water. We defy gravity and completely change the way people spend time on the water.
We started the company 12 years ago, and now 50% of the boats built annually in our core market are Seakeeper equipped. With our recent introduction of smaller units that are ideal for boats as small as 23 feet, there is a long road of growth ahead!
Ready for a new challenge in a fast-paced environment? Want to help us disrupt an industry? Come on and apply, we are ready for you!